WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
An Anglican presence in Balderton, Barnby and Coddington. We are friendly and welcoming churches with a real sense of community.
We hope you find the information you’re looking for – and maybe much more too – either way do give us a call if we can help in any way at all.
ALTHOUGH OUR CHURCH BUILDINGS ARE CLOSED – WE ARE STILL VERY MUCH HERE FOR YOU
At these unprecedented times we know you’ll have lots of questions and worries and we’d like to encourage you to get in touch, either by telephone, (01636 704811) email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by subscribing to our weekly e-bulletin – Bite Size News (bbc-churches.org.uk/stay-in-touch)
Here is an update for your information:
- ‘Our church buildings are closed – For the time being our church buildings are closed for public worship and for private prayer’, without exception.
- Weddings – ‘There can be no weddings in church buildings until further notice’.
- Baptisms – There can be no baptisms in church buildings until further notice. ‘Emergency baptisms can take place in hospital or at home, though subject to strict hygienic precautions and physical distancing as far as possible.‘
- Funerals – ‘Funerals can only happen at the Crematorium or at the graveside. Only immediate family members can attend (if the crematorium allows) – that is, spouse or partner, parents and children, keeping their distance in the prescribed way.’
If you have suffered the loss of a loved one and would like to speak with our vicar, Revd Louise, please do give her a call on 01636 704811.
- ‘Live streaming of services (or pre-recorded messages) – will still take place, but from home.
- Foodbank – In the Newark area, Foodbank are accepting donations on Mondays at the warehouse and via donations made at supermarkets such as Waitrose, Asda or Morrisons. If you are not able to donate supplies, please consider making a money donation via their website https://newark.foodbank.org.uk/
- Praying – Please be assured that we continue to pray for you and if you have something or someone specific you would like us to pray for please give Revd Louise a call on 01636 704811 or drop her an email her at email@example.com
WORSHIP & PRAYER HAS MOVED ONLINE
Click here to find the resources you may need to worship and pray from home.
WE TAKE SAFEGUARDING VERY SERIOUSLY IN OUR CHURCHES
Please click here for important details about the Church of England’s Past Cases Review 2
Ensuring that children and young people as well as adults are kept safe whilst in our care is an integral part of our church life. If you have any concerns about safeguarding please contact:
In the Benefice (all three Parishes):
Mrs Dilys Carby, Safeguarding Co-ordinator, 01636 704811
In the Diocese:
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the safeguarding team on 07917 693285
Out of Hours for Children & Adults:
Nottinghamshire: 0300 456 4546
Nottingham City Council: 0115 876 1000, Bawtry: 01302 796 000